Greetings to you all! This is the introduction to a course that was created in Spanish at LosNavegantes.Net. We have put it into English for you.
Personal evangelism is the responsibility of every true believer in Christ. It is a way of life, a lifestyle. It is not an event to participate in only on special occasions. It is a natural part of life for anyone who is walking in close fellowship with God.
Personal evangelism should be part of our daily life. Each believer is an ambassador of the Lord Jesus Christ, commissioned to take the message of the Gospel to the world by word and deed.
Unfortunately, believers often communicate everything but the Gospel. We can spend hours talking about politics, news, and the latest TV shows and movies. To make things worse, the life of the believer can be a negative witness in the church, at work, and in the neighborhood. This produces a foul smell for everyone who is close by.
The following graphics show what happens many times when an unbeliever is exposed to “Christians.”
- Pages 3-5 – Wrong attitudes and misunderstandings
- Pages 6-8 – The Gospel defined
- Pages 9-10 – Christian church soap opera
- Pages 11-13 – Bible study part 1
- Page 14 – Evangelism progression
- Page 15 – Survey
- Pages 16-18 – Bible study part 2
- Page 19 – Bridge illustration
- Page 20 – Spheres of influence
- Pages 21-24 – Bible study part 3 and personal testimony
- Page 25 – Illustrations and stories
- Pages 26-27 – Whatever became of evangelism?